Relocating to a new city can be life-altering for many people. The goal of our Relocation Team is to minimize stress as individuals and families relocate into or out of Charlotte. We want to set your mind at ease as we list and sell your existing home, or help you search for a new home in the Queen City. We will provide you with a wide array of resources to help you make a well-informed decision. Click here to be connected to a member of our team for assistance with your next move.
WE’RE LOCAL. WE’RE GLOBAL.
Thinking about buying a home at the beach or in the mountains? Or maybe you need help selling Grandpa’s home in another state – we can help with that too! As a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, we can connect you to a great agent anywhere in the world. LeadingRE is a network of over 550 independently-owned firms in over 60 countries with 128,000 sales associates who sell over one million transactions annually valued at $351 million. It is our affiliation with this network that allows us to provide our Charlotte clients with global service! Click here to learn how we can assist with your real estate needs globally.
We represent many of Charlotte’s largest corporate employers when they relocate employees into our area. And we are honored when small local businesses turn to Cottingham Chalk Hayes for assistance with recruiting and moving their employees. It is important that all transferees feel their needs are being met, so we interview each one to assess their needs and select an experienced relocation-certified REALTOR® to assist them. Our team works diligently to insure that every transaction is handled in the most professional manner. And we are qualified to work with all relocation management companies (RMCs) throughout the United States. Let our experienced Relocation Department assist with your next corporate move. Below is a list of the Corporate Relocation Services we provide. Or to download a copy of our Relocation Services brochure, click here.
CORPORATE RELOCATION SERVICES
Our relationship starts by customizing services that are suited to each corporate client’s needs. We understand that you want to maximize services and minimize costs while never losing sight of the fact that every transferee deserves our undivided attention. A sampling of the services we provide are as follows:
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment to determine transferee’s criteria and preferences
- Customize area tours to assist employees in the decision making process
- Send Welcome to Charlotte information via email and follow up with printed materials upon request
- Coordinate bus tours for group moves with stops hosted by home builders and service providers
- Provide a Welcome to Charlotte gift basket in hotel rooms for executive-level employees
- Assist with rental search on either a complimentary or fee basis
- Interview homeowner to determine timing of move and marketing expectations
- Select a relocation-certified agent experienced in the homeowner’s neighborhood
- Prepare an ERC Broker Market Analysis or other analysis as required by corporate client
- List and market the home with the goal of maximizing return to the homeowner and capturing the broadest buyer pool available
- Manage Corporate Inventory homes including marketing the property, coordinating repairs, paying utilities, etc.
Suzanne Lail started with Cottingham Chalk Hayes in 2001 and brings over 30 years of real estate experience to her position as Relocation Director. She is an active member of the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council® (WERC), Relocation Directors Council® (RDC), and currently serves on the Board of the Charlotte Metro Area Relocation Council (CMARC). Suzanne holds a Certified Relocation Professional® designation which demonstrates her commitment to being at the top of her profession. Her daily responsibilities include managing the department, counseling transferees and assessing their needs, training our team of relocation agents, and seeking new business opportunities for the department.
Kathryn Kirby started with Cottingham Chalk Hayes in 2014 as Relocation Coordinator, and soon earned her Relocation Coordinator Certification from Leading Real Estate Companies of the World™. Her attention to detail and excellent people skills allow her to effectively work with both newcomers to Charlotte as well as those who find it necessary to move to other destinations. Kathryn is an active member of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and the Charlotte Metro Area Relocation Council (CMARC). Her day to day responsibilities include working with our relocation-certified agents, counseling transferees and assessing their needs, reviewing Broker Market Analyses, managing our relocation software and internet leads, and placing outbound referrals.